post Apr 13 2005, 04:26 PM
Post #1

Staff
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Fav Character: Sam

Hi all,

Here are the revised forum guidelines. Ribbonbomb worked very hard to get these down in writing, so please read them!

0. No child predation, no looking for dates. This is not Myspace, and you should not be looking for romance on the forum.

1. If it's not fit for Miguzi, don't post it here. That means no sex or violence beyond what they would show on, say, Teen Titans.

2. No flaming other users, no personal fighting on the forums. I understand that some of you are friends or relatives in real life, but please keep your private quarrels private. The forums are not the place for them.

3. No art theft. If you didn't create an artwork or facfic, then please credit the author who created it. At the very least DON'T CLAIM IT'S YOUR ARTWORK if you didn't make it yourself.

4. No Spam. You get money for every post you make, but don't spam to do so. The more spam there is, the more unenjoyable the place will get. If you have something short to say--such as I agree, lol, sure, okay, sorry, I'm confused, what?-- then don't say it. If you agree about something, then great, but you should add in what you think about whatever it is. If you're corrected about something, don't post saying your sorry, that'll just lead into spam--just move along and if you have to tell the person "sorry", then just PM them. If you were really sorry you wouldn't have been doing it in the first place.

5. Multiple Accounts. Refer to this thread regarding multiple accounts. Ordinarily, one account for one person. That means no new accounts because you're bored with your name.

6. Name Changing. Refer to this thread regarding name changes.

7. Make your posts clear and easy to read. Use proper english and grammar. We need every member to write this way so the forums are always easy to understand. Make sure you speak in the appropriate perspective too--in other words--don't mix your "I"'s with "Me"'s. Make your time in English class worth something.
Punctuation is also an important part while making a post. It doesn't matter if you're too lazy to press the comma key; you have to clarify what you're talking about or else nobody will understand what you're saying.
Internet Slang, such as "u" for the word "you", "4" for the word "for", and "r" for the word "are" isn't allowed. This may be the internet, but that doesn't mean speaking like that is appropriate for every place on the web. There is no hurry to write that way as it is in IMing here, so remember that you can TAKE YOUR TIME posting. This also goes for 1337, StIcKy CaPs and ALL CAPS. 1337/StIcKy CaPs are both often used for jokes (as in I'M HaRdCoRe!!1) but that doesn't mean it's allowed in every post made. So please, avoid that if you don't want to be scolded.
Exclamation point and Question Marks are not allowed to be used excessively to emphasize what you are meaning or asking. The reason this is against the rules is because they stretch out the pages and are really not needed. Instead of having 6,000 !!!!'s, bold instead; it gives the same amount of emphasis without being annoying.

8. Smiley Abuse. Love the smileys, don't abuse them by spamming them. Just putting one " wah.gif " smiley gives the same effect on other readers than " wah.gif wah.gif wah.gif " and it's less annoying.

9. Irrelevant Conversations. Stay on topic, and if something comes up that you want to talk to another member about, PM them instead of talking in that thread. Very important in the thread to welcome newbies--posts that have little to no relevance to welcoming new members will be deleted.

10. Duplicate Threads. Say you have something you decide you want to talk about. The first thing you should do is NOT make a thread about it, but look through the Search Engine, and see if a topic about it already exists. If it does--POST THERE to talk about it. Another Example of Duplicate Threads is: TS mobiles. A thread already exists about it--but you can't find the price of the game. If you want to ask anybody if they know the pricing, you ask in that existing thread. It's STILL on topic if it's rooted with the original idea of the thread.

11. There's no need to moderate when you aren't a mod. Thanks for helping, but you're a member here, so it's not your responsiblity to correct others; we the staff will deal with that. If someone double-posts, then PM a mod the thread and where it's at. We'll correct them and make sure they follow the rules. ^^

12. Make Topics in the CORRECT area. There is nothing more annoying than finding a topic in the wrong section when it's very clear where it belongs. If you're wanting to make a topic, you had better make it in the appropriate place.

13. Website Advertisment. There is a certain section for showing your own websites, but you HAVE to keep a single thread for that site. If you update it or change it, make a note in your existing thread. Also, DON'T advertise your site in threads for other's websites. It's their thread for their site to shine; not yours.

14. Respecting the Rules. Bashing, mocking, laughing at, making fun of, belittling, or trying to undermine the rules in any way is not allowed. If you are moderated by some one on the staff based on what is in "Guidelines for Acceptable Forum Behavior," you are expected to follow the rules outlined there, not to whine, complain, or question them. Also, only staff members can decide what the rules are.

15. Name Changes. You are only allowed to change your name once every 2 months.

This post has been edited by Trillium: Nov 9 2008, 04:39 PM
Reason for edit: Removed double posting rule. Cause you can't do that anymore even if you wanted to.

--------------------
From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xada-Hgla
post Apr 13 2005, 07:24 PM
Post #2

Agent
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9

Quick question... Do you at least chat with a person engaging in... "questionable behaviour" before you decide to take further administrative action? I'm not talking about obviously dangerous behavior (I think I agree with everyone here that sort of behavior should be quashed immediately), I'm just talking about behavior that just might go a little over the line... dry.gif

+Quote Post
Cloveristhebest0...
post Apr 13 2005, 07:42 PM
Post #3

~#1 Clover Fan~
Group Icon

Member No.: 7
Fav Character: Clover

lol.
Thanks for asking that question.
Since i am not the boss, i can't say for sure.
But what me and Handler plan to do,is talk with anyone breaking the rules. We want to get to know the whole story.
If it's a post, we will write why we did it,or Message you.
IF you write something negative, then you shouldn't be shocked when the topic is closed,or your post edited. We are just trying to keep it clean. I think most of our memebers are old enough,and smart enough to know what right and what wrong. If you aren't sure about a topic,please message me, or Handler. We are more then glad to assist you.

*Our motto at Woohp is service with a million dollar smile tongue.gif*

-Clover

+Quote Post
DragonShadow
post Apr 13 2005, 08:23 PM
Post #4

Agent
Group Icon

Member No.: 15
Fav Character: Alex

Fundamental Rule #1: if it's not fit for Miguzi, don't post it here. That means no sex or violence beyond what they would show on, say, Teen Titans.

Am I correct in assuming that my fanfiction would not be allowed here then? If you want go ahead and delete the post for "Starlight Starbright".

--------------------
DragonShadow's Fanfiction Worlds

"Mother is God in the eyes of a child."- Silent Hill

+Quote Post
Handler
post Apr 14 2005, 05:20 AM
Post #5

Staff
Group Icon

I haven't read your fanfic yet, DS. If you think it has content that would be rejected for being too racy by Teen Titans staff, I would appreciate if you'd edit out the link yourself.

I only site Teen Titans because I think that's like the most mature show on Miguzi.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Redfield
post Apr 16 2005, 09:08 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 19

hmm shouldnt you guys be adding no flame wars and stuff.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kasumi
post Apr 16 2005, 09:10 AM
Post #7

... Missing ... ~.~
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

yeah give some rules to follow lol like no spamming and double post or double account.

--------------------
IPB Image

<< ............................... >>

~+ I had engough of some ppl trying to Piss me off by hacking MY MSN <.< i think those People know who they are >.> .... & stop trying to create a new acc and add me I will Block You!!!* sigh * +~

[ Am not giving out my Messengers detail to anyone ]

+Quote Post
Cloveristhebest0...
post Apr 16 2005, 09:18 AM
Post #8

~#1 Clover Fan~
Group Icon

Member No.: 7
Fav Character: Clover

I stand behind these 100%,so don't expect anything diffrent from me. Not trying to be mean,but these rules are the same for everyone.
They are basic rules,you'll find them in many places.

-Clover

+Quote Post
Handler
post Apr 16 2005, 09:28 AM
Post #9

Staff
Group Icon

Some additions to the forum rules:

-No flaming other users, no personal fighting on the forums. I understand that some of you are friends or relatives in real life, but please keep your private quarrels private. The forums are not the place for them.

-No art theft. If you didn't create an artwork or facfic, then please credit the author who created it. At the very least DON'T CLAIM IT'S YOUR ARTWORK if you didn't make it yourself.

-I'm instituting a no-delete post policy. Meaning, we the staff won't be deleting posts made by users. If a post has content that violates the forum rules, we may edit it out, and we may move or close the topic, but we won't be deleting the post. Effective immediately.

I saw this policy in action on TitansGo.net forums, and I think it's a very good one. The reason for this policy goes like,

Somebody makes an inappropriate post. Let's say it's a duplicate topic, there's already another one like it. If we the staff delete it, then that person might wonder "Where did my post go?" and make yet another post. We could write them a PM and tell them we deleted it, but that just adds a layer of work that's unneccessary. Far better to simply close the topic and add a note saying why it was closed.

The closed topic serves as a notice to other users as well. It says "don't make a post like this, it's against the forum rules." Using that duplicate topic example, having that closed duplicate topic in the forum tells people not to make yet another thread on the same topic.

I'll come up with better wording for all of these and add them to the official guidelines later. (also, Dragonshadow or anyone else on TitansGo.net, I can't find the "no-delete post" policy over there but I *know* I've seen it before. Can somebody please find it for me? It was by Ixnay. Thanks)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elipse
post Apr 27 2005, 11:13 AM
Post #10

Biggie
Group Icon

Group: Arcade Tourney Champ

Member No.: 13

well...spamming crying symbols is breaking the rules right? and typing the same word 100 times is spamming? no?

--------------------

Handler and I in GB (March 2012)

~2008 Winter Smash Arena Champion (Mario)

http://www.n-masters.com/mariokartlicense/...ard.php?id=1137

http://www.n-masters.com/mariokartlicense/...lup.php?id=1137

^ CLICK HERE TO LEVEL MY MARIO KART 8 LICENSE!

DragonicNib - Lv 17x Lukless Evan

+Quote Post
Dawn
post Oct 1 2005, 12:12 AM
Post #11

Aliens XD MISTY-FAN ^^
Group Icon

Member No.: 172

QUOTE(Spy Handler @ Apr 14 2005, 01:26 AM)
Hi all,

Just a quick guideline for acceptable forum behavior. I should've written this long ago, but this place never really needed it because there weren't many users.

I'm actually in a hurry, I should be elsewhere already. pinch.gif So we'll be editing this and adding to it later.

Fundamental Rule #1: if it's not fit for Miguzi, don't post it here. That means no sex or violence beyond what they would show on, say, Teen Titans.

Secondary Rule: we try not to be restrictive. If something doesn't violate rule #1, we allow almost anything to be posted, as long as it's in the right forum category. If posted in the wrong category, we will move it.
[right][snapback]1600[/snapback][/right]

I have a problem what is restrictive? And what is Miguzi? I understand the rest of the rules, but some words aren't easy for me, as I am only 15 years old

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tjikicew
post Oct 1 2005, 12:36 AM
Post #12

Couch Potato
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(sammie_loves_you @ Oct 1 2005, 12:12 AM)
I have a problem what is restrictive? And what is Miguzi? I understand the rest of the rules, but some words aren't easy for me, as I am only 15 years old
[right][snapback]9492[/snapback][/right]

restrictive = beperkend, wat ze dus proberen niet te zijn.
Miguzi is a block of cartoon programs on Teletoon (TS, Teen titans, ...) wink.gif

--------------------

Clover: All right, witch (wrongly spelled on purpose) one of you two drew this curlicue on the tip of my finger in indelible ink while I was asleep?
Offscreen Alex: Uh ... heh heh ... I, ... Uh, thought it would wash off?

>>In theory, reality equals theory, in reality however ... <<

+Quote Post
Kasumi
post Oct 1 2005, 02:22 AM
Post #13

... Missing ... ~.~
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

QUOTE(Biggie @ Apr 27 2005, 11:13 AM)
well...spamming crying symbols is breaking the rules right? and typing the same word 100 times is spamming? no?
[right][snapback]2854[/snapback][/right]

I only did that in msn =P .

--------------------
IPB Image

<< ............................... >>

~+ I had engough of some ppl trying to Piss me off by hacking MY MSN <.< i think those People know who they are >.> .... & stop trying to create a new acc and add me I will Block You!!!* sigh * +~

[ Am not giving out my Messengers detail to anyone ]

+Quote Post
Dawn
post Oct 22 2005, 06:40 AM
Post #14

Aliens XD MISTY-FAN ^^
Group Icon

Member No.: 172

QUOTE(Tjikicew @ Oct 1 2005, 09:36 AM)
restrictive = beperkend, wat ze dus proberen niet te zijn.
Miguzi is a block of cartoon programs on Teletoon (TS, Teen titans, ...) wink.gif
[right][snapback]9495[/snapback][/right]

Dank je = Thank you (for the English members)
I didn't know that sweat.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bissonia C.
post Dec 31 2005, 11:25 AM
Post #15

Staff
Group Icon

Member No.: 219

I might want to point this out but you might want to delete some of the older topics and posts not used the more there is the slower this computer gets to downloading also you may start to run low on space for info to be recorded.

--------------------

“Faith can be nothing but a weapon in the beholders eye and also to be nothing but a means to kill. This truth cannot be changed by beautiful words or false pretensions. To slay one so to protect the other, to kill one so another can live, this is the reality of the Faith to some.”

Time fades as we get older but if you can remember the past you will never forget the Future. Eva

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2019 - 06:22 PM
Skin By: atsaunier Winxperts.net