BunnyAino
post Mar 4 2011, 11:46 PM
Post #1

Apprentice
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,999
Fav Character: Alex

I don't know if it's been discussed on here before, but does anyone else like Utena? At first I was a little skeptical about it since it had yuri in it, but after watching it I actually liked it. It had a nice plot, soundtrack, and my favorite thing from any anime...HOT BOYS! <333

Discuss anything Utena-related here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
YonugAlex
post Mar 5 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #2

Conscript
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,997

QUOTE (BunnyAino @ Mar 4 2011, 11:46 PM) *
I don't know if it's been discussed on here before, but does anyone else like Utena? At first I was a little skeptical about it since it had yuri in it, but after watching it I actually liked it. It had a nice plot, soundtrack, and my favorite thing from any anime...HOT BOYS! <333

Discuss anything Utena-related here.

I actually heard of it but never really watch it, I did hear it was a all yuri anime but I guess it's not true I like the design of characters so I'll watch it later on.

+Quote Post
BunnyAino
post Mar 7 2011, 06:55 AM
Post #3

Apprentice
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,999

QUOTE (YonugAlex @ Mar 6 2011, 12:27 AM) *
I actually heard of it but never really watch it, I did hear it was a all yuri anime but I guess it's not true I like the design of characters so I'll watch it later on.

Yeah. Utena has some yuri and other mature content in it, but for the most part it's kept pretty low key. There's implied stuff in it, but they never really show much. The movie is another story entirely.

It's a pretty good anime. If you want to check it out, there's a bunch of sites you can watch episodes of it online, both of the dub and the sub. Both the dub and the sub are fairly good. It just depends on your preference when you're watching anime.

It's also supposed to have been re-released on DVD this year, so if you like it enough and want to own it, check your local anime con. I tried Best Buy and a bunch of other places and didn't have any luck. Of course it could be that it hasn't been released in region one yet. ^^;

+Quote Post
Ran-chan
post Jun 10 2012, 07:46 PM
Post #4

Conscript
Group Icon

Member No.: 14,634
Fav Character: Clover

If you don't like yuri, then I'd stay away from the movie XD
I'm a big yuri fan, but I actually like the lack of yuri in Utena. Mostly because the series gets enough fan service from Touga and Akio. xD

It's a really great series full of symbolism, it's the pure art in my opinion.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2019 - 12:05 AM
Skin By: atsaunier Winxperts.net