Zalure
post Oct 21 2008, 07:40 PM
Post #1

Field Operative
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 168
Fav Character: Sam

I'll admit at first I was a bit turned off by certain scenes of this anime (i.e. Satoko's stabbing and Shion's nail removal scenes) however many people have told me that Higurashi has a unqiue story to it so I decided to give it a chance and now I'm a really big Higurashi fan.

I'd give a link to one of my favorite Higurashi videos but it does contain some violence and I'm not sure if WOOHP would allow this. sweat.gif

So do we have any Higurashi fans here?

--------------------

"The best part about Naruto is when you realize it's crap, stop watching it, then move on to something that's actually good, like Fate/Stay Night." - Sashanan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ghidrah
post Oct 21 2008, 08:20 PM
Post #2

Basket Case
Group Icon

Member No.: 60
Fav Character: Mandy

^Don't post the link, but I think talking about it would be ok. I haven't seen this anime, unfortunately.

+Quote Post
Lucy_and_Kikyou_...
post Nov 1 2008, 01:40 PM
Post #3

Super Spy
Group Icon

Member No.: 463

Nerver watched it but I'm alwa the look out for unique animes so I'll give it a go thumbsup.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rainy
post Nov 6 2008, 06:31 PM
Post #4

Super Spy
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,137
Fav Character: Jerry

I have a couple of friends who are really into this anime, and I even tried watching it once, despite being warned about the blood and gore, and I'm sorry to say that I did not enjoy it at all. Just a little too disgusting for me, thank you.

But it did look like a good anime, at least for anyone who doesn't mind seeing internal organs being ripped out of someone's body. =X

--------------------

+Quote Post
sasami_kikyo_rox
post Nov 6 2008, 07:11 PM
Post #5

Spy
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,221
Fav Character: Alex

Oh, my friend loves that series! I'll have to watch it sometime!

--------------------
The worlds biggest SportaRobbie fan. <3

+Quote Post
Zalure
post Nov 13 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #6

Field Operative
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rainy @ Nov 6 2008, 10:31 PM) *
I have a couple of friends who are really into this anime, and I even tried watching it once, despite being warned about the blood and gore, and I'm sorry to say that I did not enjoy it at all. Just a little too disgusting for me, thank you.

I find it kinda funny how you call Higurashi disgusting yet have a guy x guy sig and avatar.

Gotta love irony.

--------------------

"The best part about Naruto is when you realize it's crap, stop watching it, then move on to something that's actually good, like Fate/Stay Night." - Sashanan

+Quote Post
Ghidrah
post Nov 18 2008, 01:09 PM
Post #7

Basket Case
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zalure @ Nov 13 2008, 11:35 PM) *

I find it kinda funny how you call Higurashi disgusting yet have a guy x guy sig and avatar.

Gotta love irony.

Yeah I don't see the irony. Being disgusted by gore and not being confident enough in your sexuality to look at a g-rated sig are not the same things. Note, if someone doesn't like your show, so what? You're 23 years old, not 10. Try to be a bigger man, please.

Honestly, I don't like gore in anime and cartoons. I'm fine with it in live-action stuff like Suspiria though, oddly enough. I guess it may depend on execution. I honestly haven't seen many successful horror anime, so maybe that's some how related psychologically.

This post has been edited by J-Syxx: Nov 18 2008, 01:10 PM

+Quote Post
Zalure
post Nov 18 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #8

Field Operative
Group Icon

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ Nov 18 2008, 05:09 PM) *
QUOTE (Zalure @ Nov 13 2008, 11:35 PM) *

Gotta love irony.

Yeah I don't see the irony. Being disgusted by gore and not being confident enough in your sexuality to look at a g-rated sig are not the same things. Note, if someone doesn't like your show, so what? You're 23 years old, not 10. Try to be a bigger man, please.

Honestly, I don't like gore in anime and cartoons. I'm fine with it in live-action stuff like Suspiria though, oddly enough. I guess it may depend on execution. I honestly haven't seen many successful horror anime, so maybe that's some how related psychologically.

It doesn't bother me that this person doesn't like Higurashi, if they don't like it more power to them. However Yaoi/Yuri is absolutely disgusting and in some cases even more so than blood and gore. So yes calling Higurashi disgusting while having a Yaoi sig/avatar IS irony.

I'm not too big on gore in anime/cartoons either and in some parts Higurashi does go a bit too far but I try to look past that. Anyway, there's really no point in arguing as we have different opinions on anime so lets just leave it at that. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ghidrah
post Nov 18 2008, 08:30 PM
Post #9

Basket Case
Group Icon

It doesn't bother me that this person doesn't like Higurashi, if they don't like it more power to them. However Yaoi/Yuri is absolutely disgusting and in some cases even more so than blood and gore. So yes calling Higurashi disgusting while having a Yaoi sig/avatar IS irony.

It is not absolutely disgusting. That is your personal view-point, it's not absolute and it's not going to be ironic to anyone other than yourself either. I don't see how you can equate harmless human affection and love to violent death via dismemberment, but that's your messed up world view, not mine, not Rainy's, not most of the people here, and else where. Your argument here is pretty self-centered. This comparison I think also suggests either homophobia or immaturity. I don't expect everyone or anyone to like yuri/yaoi, but give me a break here. If that's your opinion you should probably give up on anime all together since pretty much every anime that exists post-1983 has some kind of homosexual theme in it some where.

I'm not too big on gore in anime/cartoons either and in some parts Higurashi does go a bit too far but I try to look past that. Anyway, there's really no point in arguing as we have different opinions on anime so lets just leave it at that. smile.gif

Ok, that's fine. I won't continue this debate either. But you're the one who interjected hostility towards another poster into this thread in the first place. Just keep in mind not everyone will agree with you or like what you like.

This post has been edited by J-Syxx: Nov 18 2008, 08:32 PM

+Quote Post
Zalure
post Nov 18 2008, 08:53 PM
Post #10

Field Operative
Group Icon

QUOTE (J-Syxx @ Nov 19 2008, 12:30 AM) *
Ok, that's fine. I won't continue this debate either. But you're the one who interjected hostility towards another poster into this thread in the first place. Just keep in mind not everyone will agree with you or like what you like.

Yes I understand that and as I've said it didn't bother me that someone doesn't like the same thing I do. Yaoi/Yuri on the other hand I do not think highly of. >__>

Anyway lets get back on topic here.

Edit: Fixed typo. I swear PSU has caused me to typo more.

This post has been edited by Zalure: Nov 18 2008, 08:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Athirah
post Mar 24 2009, 05:45 AM
Post #11

..::Athirah::..
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,526
Fav Character: Clover

I love this anime, one of my favourite!

--------------------

Forum Set by Anakagome
My site/blog: D E L U X I O U S

+Quote Post
Guardian_Spy
post Sep 1 2011, 08:23 PM
Post #12

an animal carer
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,221

I love this anime! And unfortunately, every time i see it, i'm starting to act more like a psycho. Even now i had my own evil laugh now! whistle.gif

I think i will make a TS fanart based on a pic from Higurashi... shifty.gif

--------------------
"Repeat. I'll repeat it for however many times I have to. Until I find the only way out."

-Akemi Homura

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th March 2019 - 07:38 PM
Skin By: atsaunier Winxperts.net