Ran-chan
post Jun 10 2012, 09:47 PM
Post #1

Conscript
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,634
Fav Character: Clover

Since I saw a thread for loved anime and hated anime, I thought I should throw something new into the mix. ^^

Not all anime is perfect, and not all studios have the budget to give special care to all of there projects. Is there a series that you love, but the animation quality didn't stand up to par with other series? How about anime you hated that had a much bigger budget and better team of animators that made the series put everything else to shame? Here you can discuss those anime.

I'm basically just going to rant about a yaoi series from here, so if you don't like yaoi just skip ahead and post about your series xD

Suki na Mono wa Suki Dakara Shōganai is one of my favorite series. It was a light novel, it was a game, it was a TV anime, it was an OVA, it even has a manga. Often shortened to Sukisho, or Sukisyo, it is one of those 'love or hate' series. A lot of the more popular shonen ai series are more or less cutesy series where the biggest problem is who to ship who with. Sukisho is a little dark than most shonen ai, which is why I love it. It also isn't one of those "love at first sight" series either.

The story follows Sora Hashiba a high school student who was just released from the hospital. Why was he in the hospital? Glad you asked, you see Sora fell from the window on the fourth floor of his school, this caused him to lose his memories. Even though most of his memories have come back, he still has no idea how he fell from the window. To make matters worse, he has a new roommate, Sunao Fujimori. Fujimori is introduced the following morning as Sora's childhood friend, of course Sora doesn't remember him. But there's something strange about his new roommate, for the night before he introduced as 'Ran' and his introduction was a little more than PG. Sora's lack of memory causes a rift between the two, but why?

One of my favorite things about the series is Yuzu Tsutae's artwork.
Here are some examples;
Sora & Chris. Yoru & Ran. Sunao/Ran. Sora and Sunao.

Sadly, her artwork didn't translate as well I would have liked.

thats a lot hair you got there Sunao o.o

A lot of the time the characters aren't drawn too good unless it's an "important moment"
important moments include; First meeting, OMG There's a plot?!, and Sora's redemption.

Otherwise everyone is turning into some deformed chibi. . .

this is about 2-3 minutes after the last picture.

As for the music and voices.
The music in the anime isn't bad, I can't really compare it to the game since I never played it though.
The opening song is really good, it's a song I can barely get out of my head. It's called Just A Survivor, the ending Day Dreamin' is pretty slow and it's not one of my favorite songs.

The seiyū are really great. It has almost the entire cast from the game.It features Hikaru Midorikawa as Sora, Souichirou Hoshi as Sunao/Ran, and Takehito Koyasu as Yoru. If you prefer listening to the japanese versions then you probably have heard these guys before, they have a long list of series they've worked. Unfortunately Kappei Yamaguchi didn't reprise his role as Ran in the anime. While I love Yamaguchi's voice Hoshi did an excellent job doing both Sunao and Ran.

Their character songs are really great though. Yoru's song Red or Dead is quite addicting.
Ran's character song Hikari no Naka he.
Sunao's second character song Always.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2019 - 01:10 PM
Skin By: atsaunier Winxperts.net