Stéphane Dumas
post Mar 31 2014, 04:51 AM
Post #1

Stephane Dumas
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 222
Fav Character: Clover

No, I don't have any news about a 7th season of TS.

But if and when Marathon will made season 7, let's wish for some stuffs they should do. What do you wish to see in season 7 then we didn't got in season 6?

I wish for an episode with Britney.
A team-up of Tim Scam and Geraldine.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ocik
post Mar 31 2014, 07:03 AM
Post #2

Agent
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,713
Fav Character: None

I have yet to watch S6 in English and HD but from what i´ve watched on TFOU via proxy or on YouTube, getting more complex evil plans in S7 would be a good start. TS transformed into show for slightly younger audience so wishing for S3 asses and S1,2 long slim legs is presumably out of the question as Marathon wants to maximize profits and broadcasters favor this crap (because of feminists writing very angry letters to broadcasters, telling them how angry they are about seeing slim long legs on TV - oh the horror).

Current graphics are supreme, so is 1 kinky sexy moment per episode policy, Pulp Fiction references here and there.......yeah, what baffles me is Sam quoting Inspector Gadget all the time "Go go multifunctional bracelet, do your thing!" or "Special earrings, do your thing!". Why would they want to copy Inspector Gadget like this? Sure, IG as inspiration for new types of gadgets, why not but this is so unoriginal its mind blowing. Marathon has their own quotes like Jerrys remarks, Alexs dumb moments etc.

What this situation requires is a whole lot more of you shuttin yo ass about "Go go gadget x, do your thing" (do you see what i did there?) and introducing more bad-ass moments like Jerry catapulting from F-16 with british flag on his shute or making epic remarks as seen below.

Good´ol goat Jerry cool.gif

Handsfree levitating compowders somehow kill the mood....hoverboards fit in because of propulsion nozzles but compowders lack this feature, it simplifies things for our Spies too much, they are like Jedi now....i enjoy watching them overcome obstacles with skill and slick moves, not with pushing 1 button or using voice commands....

Showcase of special moves, kicks.....we probably wont see a comeback of martial arts (because of little kids x violence) however Id welcome more fighting, except for Woohp Ahoy, Jungle Boogie, Astro Not and Grabbing the Bully by the horns, there wasnt much of it :/

Costume designs and everyday clothes are fine as they are: sexy,glamorouse....i also wish Oinky stays in the series.

To sum it up: Im not the only one who wishes for clever villains with semi complex plans ("They criticized my singing/ice skating/ dancing/ painting! I ll destroy the world!!!ONE111!! hurr" is a dull template) and the return of slick kick ass moves. When people mention S6 on Twitter or Tumblr, these shortages are quite common.

Other than that, im satisfied with S6 - Clover broke up with Blaine, fans got their Violet Vanderfleer back, entire episode Solo Spies is devoted to fans, Mali-U hallways resemble Beverly Hills High school hallways, so do archways and redesigned bedrooms, bathroom, girls are no longer flat chested......S6 is super awesome season in these aspects.

This post has been edited by Ocik: Mar 31 2014, 08:29 AM

--------------------

"The writers weren't deliberately pandering to various fetishes; they just happened to choose themes that happened to be fetishes as well."

+Quote Post
espionne
post Mar 31 2014, 03:52 PM
Post #3

404: User's Brain Not Found
Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 14,332
Fav Character: Tim Scam

I agree with bringing Britney back, and especially serious villains like Tim Scam and Geraldine! Most of the villains' plots in S6 were lame, and their motivations even more so ("They criticized my singing/ice skating/ dancing/ painting! I ll destroy the world!!!ONE111!! hurr" is a funny yet accurate description LOL). And Ocik, I agree with you about the spies' over-reliance on gadgets - it really does seem to take something away when they're not using their skills/smarts to get out of a tough situation. I also was quite annoyed by the "Gadget X, do your thing!" line that seemed to be repeated over and over... that wasn't featured in any of the earlier seasons if I remember correctly.

Obviously the artwork is great, but there was just something missing from S6 that made it less watchable than the previous seasons. I don't know what it was, but I think I complained earlier that the plots were way too predictable (seriously, there were more than a few episodes where I could already predict how everything was going to end within the first 5 minutes, which has occurred far less frequently with previous seasons). So that may have had something to do with it. Anyway, I get that they're trying to target younger audiences, but TS has always been targeted towards young kids since its beginning, and yet the earlier seasons seemed to be more... intelligent.

Oh yeah, and speaking of feminists complaining about the girls' bodies... that's one thing that always makes me laugh. There are WAY more serious women's rights issues in the world than caring about a bunch of cartoon girls on TV. Besides, what's wrong with showing girls who actually *look* healthy and pretty? Their comments about how it damages young girls' self-esteem don't fly; you could argue the same for overly muscular male characters and their effects on male children. Plus it doesn't even take that much effort to look good (for girls at least) - I actually think guys have it tougher in terms of building muscle - they have to eat certain foods, lift/exercise/go to the gym... whereas it's entirely possible for girls to remain thin if they just eat right.

Sorry I ranted in that last paragraph there; I've always thought modern feminism was pretty ridiculous, and to have them interfere in a KIDS' CARTOON just shows how petty they are. Sigh...

EDIT: Actually, you just made me remember something funny I read on the Internet recently (unrelated to TS)... let me post it in the WOOHP Lounge. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by espionne: Mar 31 2014, 04:30 PM

--------------------
Failure is not an option.

~*~

+Quote Post
Ocik
post Apr 1 2014, 07:20 AM
Post #4

Agent
Group Icon

QUOTE (espionne @ Mar 31 2014, 03:52 PM) *
. Anyway, I get that they're trying to target younger audiences, but TS has always been targeted towards young kids since its beginning, and yet the earlier seasons seemed to be more... intelligent.

There was something for everybody in older seasons - pedicure, manicure, hair problems and muscular Africans in Clovers dreams for girls, long legs and dem butts (considerably less butt shots in S4 onwards) all over the place plus robots shooting lazer guns for boys, James Bond inspired episodes with intelligent plots and cultural references for adults. Yes, these things are still present in S6...more or less but definitely toned down. Who knew lowering your target audience by 2 years makes the show feel so much .....different.

--------------------

"The writers weren't deliberately pandering to various fetishes; they just happened to choose themes that happened to be fetishes as well."

+Quote Post
ElPirato
post Apr 6 2014, 02:39 PM
Post #5

Conscript
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,517
Fav Character: Jerry

I hope we get a complete backstory on the entire Lewis family. If Jerry doesn't have kids, does Terrence? Along with a new LAMOS with more than 4 members.

+Quote Post
Ocik
post Apr 6 2014, 02:49 PM
Post #6

Agent
Group Icon

QUOTE (ElPirato @ Apr 6 2014, 02:39 PM) *
I hope we get a complete backstory on the entire Lewis family. If Jerry doesn't have kids, does Terrence? Along with a new LAMOS with more than 4 members.

Hey, a secret daughter seeking revenge, not a bad idea. The Spies made her fathers life miserable a lot of times, so....... im thinking Vanessa from Phineas and Ferb? We dont get to see harsh female villain in black often...

Cant agree on LAMOS making return tho, it was....weaker part of S4.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RySenkari
post Apr 20 2014, 08:55 AM
Post #7

Apprentice
Group Icon

Member No.: 14,041

Speaking of Vanessa, I'd LOVE to see them introduce kind of a "bad girl" spy. Not necessarily a villain but a WOOHP member who doesn't always play it by the book. Dress her in black (of course), and maybe stick her on a team with Britney (who I want to see back as well) and...hmmm, maybe Mandy becomes a spy for good this time? She, Britney, and the new bad girl could form kind of a counterpart team to Clover, Alex, and Sam. Could be a fun mini-arc!

+Quote Post
Ocik
post Apr 20 2014, 09:56 AM
Post #8

Agent
Group Icon

Forgot to mention id love to see more special costumes - nun, nurse, senorita, mouse, cop, angel, devil, fairy, witch, vampire, 40´s fashion and hairstyle, playboy bunny girl, indian girl...did you know they scrapped Alex dressed as indian? damn political correctness. Its difficult finding a costume that hasnt been shown already. I believe the success of Clovers pirate lassie can be repeated with something else - her Space gal, sailor, model with crown, Halloween princess and plenty of other cool costumes from previous seasons are equally good.

This post has been edited by Ocik: Apr 20 2014, 01:03 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stéphane Dumas
post Apr 21 2014, 09:01 AM
Post #9

Stephane Dumas
Group Icon

QUOTE (espionne @ Mar 31 2014, 06:52 PM) *
I agree with bringing Britney back, and especially serious villains like Tim Scam and Geraldine! Most of the villains' plots in S6 were lame, and their motivations even more so ("They criticized my singing/ice skating/ dancing/ painting! I ll destroy the world!!!ONE111!! hurr" is a funny yet accurate description LOL). And Ocik, I agree with you about the spies' over-reliance on gadgets - it really does seem to take something away when they're not using their skills/smarts to get out of a tough situation. I also was quite annoyed by the "Gadget X, do your thing!" line that seemed to be repeated over and over... that wasn't featured in any of the earlier seasons if I remember correctly.

The over-reliance on gadgets, now then you mentionned it. It could be interesting to see an episode where the Spies didn't got any gadgets (or get the wrong gadgets for the wrong mission) and had to think of using various stuffs they found like MacGuyver. Or even being forced to use some of Martin Mystery's gadgets and opening the door for another TS-MM crossover. wink.gif

And having an episode showing Britney's 2 teammates (she mentionned when she showed a picture of them in "Escape of WOOHP island") in action.

+Quote Post
Ocik
post Apr 21 2014, 10:22 AM
Post #10

Agent
Group Icon

QUOTE (Stéphane Dumas @ Apr 21 2014, 09:01 AM) *
The over-reliance on gadgets, now then you mentionned it. It could be interesting to see an episode where the Spies didn't got any gadgets (or get the wrong gadgets for the wrong mission) and had to think of using various stuffs they found like MacGuyver.

MacGuyver? You mean the guy who used a bucket with boiling water to overheat pressurized tank which then blasted through door? Sounds good to me. This kind of improvising on missions is something both Clover and Sam can come up with - remember, "Clovers creativity is second to none" ^ _ ^ +1 on receiving useless gadgets like inflatable lifeboat for mission in Sahara or Hula girl skirt and bra for Arctic mission. S6 Solo Spies - improvising with electrical cable is one of the reasons this is good episode.

When was the last time Spies rode in expensive slick car like Aventador Roadster to shopping mall? Yeah, characteristic of early seasons...

Another area of interest that comes in my mind and can be safely explored....boots! Im sure at least 1 Marathon employee is foot fetishist, shoes are the second closest thing to his or her secret hobby. if i recall correctly Alex owns a pair of boots with 6 inch platforms or sth like that and Clover is shown wearing glass platforms in S5. Considering how this show is colorful and bright, shoes like these fit in and are guaranteed to grab my attention:

This post has been edited by Ocik: Apr 21 2014, 12:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
RySenkari
post Apr 21 2014, 10:41 AM
Post #11

Apprentice
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ocik @ Apr 21 2014, 01:22 PM) *

These would make good shoes for the "bad girl" spy if they had one.

+Quote Post
Ocik
post Apr 21 2014, 11:00 AM
Post #12

Agent
Group Icon

QUOTE (RySenkari @ Apr 21 2014, 10:41 AM) *
These would make good shoes for the "bad girl" spy if they had one.

Someone like Madison Lee from Charlies Angels 2 combined with Vanessa?...outlaw / Praxina from LoliRock / freelancer / assassin / contractor?

This post has been edited by Ocik: Apr 21 2014, 11:10 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stéphane Dumas
post Apr 21 2014, 02:26 PM
Post #13

Stephane Dumas
Group Icon

Another area of interest that comes in my mind and can be safely explored....boots! Im sure at least 1 Marathon employee is foot fetishist, shoes are the second closest thing to his or her secret hobby.

I guess there's less Marathon employees who have a thing for swimsuits, lol. The "swimsuit" episode moment became less frequent after season 3. laugh.gif

We could also mention the diving equipment, the masks they used in Wild Style was a one-episode wonder compared to the "Upwati".

Someone like Madison Lee from Charlies Angels 2 combined with Vanessa?...outlaw / Praxina from LoliRock / freelancer / assassin / contractor?

It would be cool to imagine a team-up of Mandy and Geraldine (Geraldine hire Mandy as a contractor/freelancer). Both have a big grudge against Clover.

QUOTE (RySenkari @ Apr 20 2014, 11:55 AM) *
Speaking of Vanessa, I'd LOVE to see them introduce kind of a "bad girl" spy. Not necessarily a villain but a WOOHP member who doesn't always play it by the book. Dress her in black (of course), and maybe stick her on a team with Britney (who I want to see back as well) and...hmmm, maybe Mandy becomes a spy for good this time? She, Britney, and the new bad girl could form kind of a counterpart team to Clover, Alex, and Sam. Could be a fun mini-arc!

I could even go a step further, just imagine a spin-off series with Mandy, Britney and the new bad girl who could be Donna, the biker girl who wanted to bully Alex in "Spies Gladiators". I think a spin-off series with them might work better then the Amazing Spiez.

+Quote Post
Ocik
post Apr 21 2014, 02:33 PM
Post #14

Agent
Group Icon

QUOTE (Stéphane Dumas @ Apr 21 2014, 02:02 PM) *
Another area of interest that comes in my mind and can be safely explored....boots! Im sure at least 1 Marathon employee is foot fetishist, shoes are the second closest thing to his or her secret hobby.

I guess there's less Marathon employees who have a thing for swimsuits, lol. The "swimsuit" episode moment became less frequent after season 3. laugh.gif

Butt and feet shots are almost non-existent in S5/S6 :( (not that im into feet, i miss "dat ass") but(t) i cant complain about the lack of swimsuits in S6. Sure, no more monokinis in S6 on the other hand their bikinis are quite nice and frequent. Jungle Boogie episode is basically "bikinis all over your face". happy.gif

We could also mention the diving equipment, the masks they used in Wild Style was a one-episode wonder compared to the "Upwati".

The Spies sure could use some sexy diving gear (DrewGardner cough cough).

--------------------

+Quote Post
RySenkari
post Apr 21 2014, 05:15 PM
Post #15

Apprentice
Group Icon

QUOTE (Stéphane Dumas @ Apr 21 2014, 05:26 PM) *
I could even go a step further, just imagine a spin-off series with Mandy, Britney and the new bad girl who could be Donna, the biker girl who wanted to bully Alex in "Spies Gladiators". I think a spin-off series with them might work better then the Amazing Spiez.

I figured it'd be a new character. If she does team with Mandy and Britney, I'd actually name her "Christina" (sort of a Toriyama-style name joke referencing Mandy Moore, Britney Spears, and Christina Aguilera, the three big female pop singers of the late 90s)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2019 - 09:06 AM
Skin By: atsaunier Winxperts.net