espionne
post Mar 23 2012, 11:21 PM
Post #1

404: User's Brain Not Found
Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 14,332
Fav Character: Tim Scam

Hmmm... does this look familiar? tongue.gif This is the campus of Pepperdine University, which is (perhaps not coincidentally) located in Malibu, California. Now it's easy to see where the animators got their inspiration from!

Remember the episode "Evil Roommate" where Sam ended up sitting next to Stacy in the physics professor's lecture hall? Now imagine what this hall would look like if it were a bit more empty...

This post has been edited by espionne: Mar 23 2012, 11:23 PM

--------------------
Failure is not an option.

~*~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Elipse
post Mar 24 2012, 03:24 AM
Post #2

Biggie
Group Icon

Group: Arcade Tourney Champ

Member No.: 13
Fav Character: Alex

Whoa..i am blown away O_O' Such a nice uni, in paradise!!

--------------------

Handler and I in GB (March 2012)

~2008 Winter Smash Arena Champion (Mario)

http://www.n-masters.com/mariokartlicense/...ard.php?id=1137

http://www.n-masters.com/mariokartlicense/...lup.php?id=1137

^ CLICK HERE TO LEVEL MY MARIO KART 8 LICENSE!

DragonicNib - Lv 17x Lukless Evan

+Quote Post
espionne
post Mar 24 2012, 03:41 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

I know! The pictures alone are making me want to go there... at any rate, it would be cool to pay a visit and see where Sam, Clover, and Alex would have been if they were real. smile.gif

--------------------

~*~

+Quote Post
Ocik
post Mar 24 2012, 05:03 AM
Post #4

Agent
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,713
Fav Character: None

Uh uh, nice catch! Need ultra high resolution versions tho.

Remember the episode "Evil Roommate" where Sam ended up sitting next to Stacy in the physics professor's lecture hall? Now imagine what this hall would look like if it were a bit more empty...

Why are there no desks for laptops attached to chairs? What are all those people going to do there. Sit and watch?

--------------------

"The writers weren't deliberately pandering to various fetishes; they just happened to choose themes that happened to be fetishes as well."

+Quote Post
espionne
post Mar 24 2012, 07:07 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Hmm, I don't know. Maybe they're all listening to some guest speaker or something.

--------------------

~*~

+Quote Post
Clovers Friend
post Mar 25 2012, 12:56 PM
Post #6

Field Operative
Group Icon

Member No.: 14,241
Fav Character: Clover

It sure is in a beautiful location, and there are definite comparisons to the school the spies went to.

+Quote Post
Stéphane Dumas
post Mar 26 2012, 09:22 AM
Post #7

Stephane Dumas
Group Icon

Member No.: 222
Fav Character: Clover

Interesting to note they go for a real location while Martin Mystery used a fictionnal location (Torrington Academy) althought the Torrington Academy building was based on Bishop's University http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Buaerial.jpg

+Quote Post
espionne
post Mar 26 2012, 11:16 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Speaking of other real life locations, here's Rodeo Drive in Los Angeles (where Clover loves to shop):

I was actually there once - I was almost expecting to see Clover come around the corner with a bunch of shopping bags. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by espionne: Mar 26 2012, 11:16 AM

--------------------

~*~

+Quote Post
Handler
post Mar 26 2012, 12:40 PM
Post #9

Staff
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Fav Character: Sam

As a Los Angeleno, I've driven by Pepperdine a numerous times... nice campus, great view laugh.gif

Not much of an academic school though, mostly populated with rich kids that didn't do so hot in high school, plus rich international students from Japan, Korea, Saudi Arabia etc. commuting to school in their Ferraris (I kid you not, they are quite common there).

Hmm sounds just like a place Clover would end up.

--------------------
From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!

+Quote Post
espionne
post Mar 28 2012, 08:19 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Haha, really? I don't know very much about Pepperdine besides the fact that it was most likely the inspiration for Mali-U's design. That's interesting to know. If Sam were real, she would most likely have gotten a merit scholarship there. wink.gif lol

--------------------

~*~

+Quote Post
Samfanatic
post Apr 4 2012, 11:22 AM
Post #11

Agent
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,737
Fav Character: Sam

lol yeah i totally agree XD

If Sam were real

Speeking of that, i actually had a dream about that a few months ago. It went like this:

I was walking into this reasherch Lab when a Reashurcher spotted me and asked if I was here for the Totally Spies Prodject. I told him yes and he broght me to a room with a few beds and a giant Computer. He said "This is the Reanimator (i'm guessing thats what he called it, i don't really remember XD) it alows you to mentally come into the Totally Spies world and be there in person. we will need you to step onto the machine behind you (i didn't notice one machine behind me) so we can download an Image of what you'll look like in the world" so i did that than he showed me of what ill look like when i got in(it looked exactly like me it was awsome!). then he said," Next we need to ask a few questions so we can put your personality into the machine so you will still act the same when you go in. So he asked me a bunch of basic questions like whats your fav color and when were you born, stuff like that. Then he said," Alright now lets hook you up to the machiene." He hooked me up to a machine that was laying on a nearby bed. When he was finished, he said," alright now you need to sleep so we can fianilze the process." I slowly fell asleep. When I woke up i was on the first floor of the old Beverly Hills Mall (the one that got destroyed in the caveman episode) I got up and heard something that sounded like Clovers voice, I turned and I saw Sam, Clover, and Alex coming down the Escalator talking to them selves like they normally do. I walked up to them to say hi. Sam looked at me and said, "Who are you, I don't think I"ve seen you before?", I told her I just moved to BH. she said, "ohh, well than its great to meet you! I'm Sam, This is Alex, and Clover." she said pointing to Alex and Clover. than i woke up XD

Even though they were just programs, they looked and acted just like Sam, Alex, and Clover. And the Beverly Mall looked exactly like it did on the series.

Anyways this brought up a question:

Is this possible or already invented?

This post has been edited by Samfanatic: Apr 4 2012, 11:24 AM

--------------------

Jerry: "Boys will come and go but WOOHP is forever"

I have made a TS episode guessing game on the Form, its for fun!
heres the link if your interested.TS episode guessing game

+Quote Post
RySenkari
post Jun 10 2012, 04:06 AM
Post #12

Apprentice
Group Icon

Member No.: 14,041

Potentially we could have a holodeck that could simulate a Totally Spies world, but that technology (full realistic holograms, full tactile feedback, human-like artificial intelligence, etc.) is at LEAST 50 years away.

+Quote Post
Ocik
post Jun 10 2012, 04:38 AM
Post #13

Agent
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,713

QUOTE (RySenkari @ Jun 10 2012, 04:06 AM) *
Potentially we could have a holodeck that could simulate a Totally Spies world, but that technology (full realistic holograms, full tactile feedback, human-like artificial intelligence, etc.) is at LEAST 50 years away.

Nope, its 100 years away if no1 wants to pay its research. With enough money its a question of 6-10 years.

--------------------

"The writers weren't deliberately pandering to various fetishes; they just happened to choose themes that happened to be fetishes as well."

+Quote Post
Agent ImtR
post Jun 26 2012, 02:48 PM
Post #14

Agent
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,374

Omg! At first I thought the pictures were computer generated or for a movie, it... looks the same 1:1 with the one in TS and awesome! I wanna be there.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2019 - 08:58 AM
Skin By: atsaunier Winxperts.net