Handler
post Feb 10 2006, 04:16 PM
Post #16

Staff
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Fav Character: Sam

New version 2.0 of the forum rules are up. (see the first post in this thread)

--------------------
From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TS Fan
post Feb 10 2006, 04:25 PM
Post #17

Super Spy
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 286

QUOTE(Handler @ Feb 10 2006, 07:16 PM)
New version 2.0 of the forum rules are up. (see the first post in this thread)
[right][snapback]25449[/snapback][/right]

I am thinking the mod. one is for me.. sweat.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
**~Totally Sam~*...
post Feb 12 2006, 05:21 AM
Post #18

**~Totally Sam~**
Group Icon

Member No.: 433

QUOTE(Handler @ Apr 14 2005, 08:26 AM)
Hi all,

Here are the revised forum guidelines. Ribbonbomb worked very hard to get these down in writing, so please read them!

1. If it's not fit for Miguzi, don't post it here. That means no sex or violence beyond what they would show on, say, Teen Titans.

2. No flaming other users, no personal fighting on the forums. I understand that some of you are friends or relatives in real life, but please keep your private quarrels private. The forums are not the place for them.

3. No art theft. If you didn't create an artwork or facfic, then please credit the author who created it. At the very least DON'T CLAIM IT'S YOUR ARTWORK if you didn't make it yourself.

4. No double-posting.
It's okay if your finger slips while making a post, that's just an accident. But don't make posts one right after the other, even if they are different. If you want to add on to what you said, or bring up something new, then click the "Edit" button. It's always there and it's a lot easier than making a new post. tongue.gif

5. No Spam. You get money for every post you make, but don't spam to do so. The more spam there is, the more unenjoyable the place will get. If you have something short to say--such as I agree, lol, sure, okay, sorry, I'm confused, what?-- then don't say it. If you agree about something, then great, but you should add in what you think about whatever it is. If you're corrected about something, don't post saying your sorry, that'll just lead into spam--just move along and if you have to tell the person "sorry", then just PM them. If you were really sorry you wouldn't have been doing it in the first place.

6. Multiple Accounts. Refer to this thread regarding multiple accounts. Ordinarily, one account for one person. That means no new accounts because you're bored with your name.

7. Name Changing. Refer to this thread regarding name changes.

8. Make your posts clear and easy to read. Use proper english and grammar. We need every member to write this way so the forums are always easy to understand. Make sure you speak in the appropriate perspective too--in other words--don't mix your "I"'s with "Me"'s. Make your time in English class worth something.
Punctuation is also an important part while making a post. It doesn't matter if you're too lazy to press the comma key; you have to clarify what you're talking about or else nobody will understand what you're saying.
Internet Slang, such as "u" for the word "you", "4" for the word "for", and "r" for the word "are" isn't allowed. This may be the internet, but that doesn't mean speaking like that is appropriate for every place on the web. There is no hurry to write that way as it is in IMing here, so remember that you can TAKE YOUR TIME posting. This also goes for 1337, StIcKy CaPs and ALL CAPS. 1337/StIcKy CaPs are both often used for jokes (as in I'M HaRdCoRe!!1) but that doesn't mean it's allowed in every post made. So please, avoid that if you don't want to be scolded.
Exclamation point and Question Marks are not allowed to be used excessively to emphasize what you are meaning or asking. The reason this is against the rules is because they stretch out the pages and are really not needed. Instead of having 6,000 !!!!'s, bold instead; it gives the same amount of emphasis without being annoying.

9. Smiley Abuse. Love the smileys, don't abuse them by spamming them. Just putting one " wah.gif " smiley gives the same effect on other readers than " wah.gif  wah.gif  wah.gif " and it's less annoying.

10. Irrelevant Conversations. Stay on topic, and if something comes up that you want to talk to another member about, PM them instead of talking in that thread. Very important in the thread to welcome newbies--posts that have little to no relevance to welcoming new members will be deleted.

11. Duplicate Threads. Say you have something you decide you want to talk about. The first thing you should do is NOT make a thread about it, but look through the Search Engine, and see if a topic about it already exists. If it does--POST THERE to talk about it. Another Example of Duplicate Threads is: TS mobiles. A thread already exists about it--but you can't find the price of the game. If you want to ask anybody if they know the pricing, you ask in that existing thread. It's STILL on topic if it's rooted with the original idea of the thread.

12. There's no need to moderate when you aren't a mod. Thanks for helping, but you're a member here, so it's not your responsiblity to correct others; we the staff will deal with that. If someone double-posts, then PM a mod the thread and where it's at. We'll correct them and make sure they follow the rules. ^^

13. Make Topics in the CORRECT area. There is nothing more annoying than finding a topic in the wrong section when it's very clear where it belongs. If you're wanting to make a topic, you had better make it in the appropriate place.

14. Website Advertisment. There is a certain section for showing your own websites, but you HAVE to keep a single thread for that site. If you update it or change it, make a note in your existing thread. Also, DON'T advertise your site in threads for other's websites. It's their thread for their site to shine; not yours.
[right][snapback]1600[/snapback][/right]

I promise that i will obey the rules laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

siggy and avvie made byPrue :) Thankies XD

+Quote Post
Bissonia C.
post Feb 13 2006, 09:49 AM
Post #19

Staff
Group Icon

Member No.: 219

Especially Rule 12 section 2 indent 3 pargragh 8 line 3 Ok just pulling your leg just obey 12 the best

--------------------

“Faith can be nothing but a weapon in the beholders eye and also to be nothing but a means to kill. This truth cannot be changed by beautiful words or false pretensions. To slay one so to protect the other, to kill one so another can live, this is the reality of the Faith to some.”

Time fades as we get older but if you can remember the past you will never forget the Future. Eva

+Quote Post
TS Fan
post Feb 15 2006, 04:36 PM
Post #20

Super Spy
Group Icon

Member No.: 286

QUOTE(Bissonia C. @ Feb 13 2006, 12:49 PM)
Especially Rule 12 section 2 indent 3 pargragh 8 line 3 Ok just pulling your leg just obey 12 the best
[right][snapback]26025[/snapback][/right]

You better talk to BunnyLover and Shelchel about rule #8 they do "internet talk" all the time. I asked Shelchel why she did that and she said you were supposed to do it on here and on the internet because it is "internet talk" rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by TS Fan: Feb 15 2006, 04:37 PM

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Shali
post Apr 13 2006, 06:04 AM
Post #21

^Oh Deidara, you silly little terrorist. ^^
Group Icon

Member No.: 418
Fav Character: Alex

OOPS. I've been breaking the rules 4 and 9 alot lately. Sorry,I didn't know. I'll stop I promise! heart.gif

This post has been edited by Lovely Sam: Apr 22 2006, 10:30 PM

--------------------

deidara
ΞΞΞ• Ί Ί • ΞΞΞ
"Fine art is the beauty of that single fleeting moment of explosion."
•
click --->† ♦visit my deviantart♦ †<--- click

s e t b y T h e S h a l i

+Quote Post
Pengu
post May 18 2006, 07:19 PM
Post #22

♫ shimmy up inside ♫
Group Icon

Member No.: 20
Fav Character: None

I shall aid in the helping of newbies by posting a small educational film of how to be in a forum for those to short of an attention span, have live monkeys playing hopscotch with ur frontal lobe, or just dunno how to make the mod team happy...

..I request watching this short documentary for the small of mind

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

--------------------

+Quote Post
Agent_X
post May 19 2006, 12:53 AM
Post #23

Agent X: Who's da man?
Group Icon

Member No.: 579

QUOTE(Lovely Sam @ Apr 13 2006, 02:04 PM) [snapback]31464[/snapback]

OOPS. I've been breaking the rules 4 and 9 alot lately. Sorry,I didn't know. I'll stop I promise! heart.gif

*smacks Lovely Sam's hand*
That's very naughty!

s_01: Pity i can't load that. :|

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Shali
post Jun 6 2006, 05:19 AM
Post #24

^Oh Deidara, you silly little terrorist. ^^
Group Icon

Member No.: 418

Hey! I said I'll stop! Who told you to do that!

--------------------

deidara
ΞΞΞ• Ί Ί • ΞΞΞ
"Fine art is the beauty of that single fleeting moment of explosion."
•
click --->† ♦visit my deviantart♦ †<--- click

s e t b y T h e S h a l i

+Quote Post
Bissonia C.
post Jun 6 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #25

Staff
Group Icon

Member No.: 219

I did he listens to the lady which is very wise of him. very instructionable s_o1 everyone should see this for help on posting. mind the cursing lol.

This post has been edited by Bissonia C.: Jun 6 2006, 06:54 PM

--------------------

“Faith can be nothing but a weapon in the beholders eye and also to be nothing but a means to kill. This truth cannot be changed by beautiful words or false pretensions. To slay one so to protect the other, to kill one so another can live, this is the reality of the Faith to some.”

Time fades as we get older but if you can remember the past you will never forget the Future. Eva

+Quote Post
Lexy
post Jun 6 2006, 05:32 PM
Post #26

Candy Coated Sugar
Group Icon

Member No.: 603

I saw the numbers and the words and I run blink.gif ...much to lazy to read them... whistle.gif

--------------------
I'm a witch, of course I'm wicked...wicked cute that is...I may not be miss perfect or miss innocent, but I can still be miss adorable...lol
I'm no angel...I've got sugar, I've got spice, I've got a temper, so be nice.
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Handler
post Jun 7 2006, 08:29 PM
Post #27

Staff
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lexy @ Jun 6 2006, 06:32 PM) [snapback]37702[/snapback]

I saw the numbers and the words and I run blink.gif ...much to lazy to read them... whistle.gif

Oh. Those were written by Ribbonbomb back when we had a bit of a problem with members posting a lot of spammish or off-topic posts.

Don't worry about them too much, we're not being too strict with them right now because of the low level of activity on the forum.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth
post Jun 9 2006, 04:58 AM
Post #28

Clover's # 1 Fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 628
Fav Character: Clover

I will totally follow these rules. And don't worry about the slang. I'm good at English. Nice to meet you all. I'm kindof new to this. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Handler
post Jul 3 2006, 03:23 PM
Post #29

Staff
Group Icon

Rule #0 added:

0. No child predation, no looking for dates. This is not Myspace, and you should not be looking for romance on the forum.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Teressa
post Jul 3 2006, 03:35 PM
Post #30

Sasuke is NOT gay!!! Sasuke #1 Fan!Also Chyrens
Group Icon

Member No.: 840
Fav Character: Clover

ok thank's for the rule's i needed them since i'm new!!! anime.gif

--------------------