Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Underrated Shows
WOOHP Forum > Other Shows > Entertainment
shockwave
Do you have any favorite shows that are pretty underrated or hated by others? I do.

For instance, I enjoyed watching the Sabrina: The Animated series and kinda feel its pretty underrated when compared to the TV-series (that I can't stand at all wacko.gif ). By the way, there is a character in the series that reminds me of Mandy, I even thought that Marathon used it as a Mandy's prototype. I missed her name but Wiki says she is known as Gemini Stone. The fact that she's voiced over by the same person who did the Russian voice-over for Mandy (and Alex) suggested me that.

The shockwave's list of underrated shows to be continued soon... lmao.gif

La Campagne
Funny you should mention this, since Totally Spies probably could win an award for being a very underrated show XD It's not given it's credit
Mike D the Superspy
hhhmmm brow.gif Sabrina is based on the 'Archies', a popular supermarket counter comic book series goes back 50 years (imagine if they were real: the "Archies goes to a convalescent home"). I can tell the striking resemblance between Sabrina in the comics and Mandy, both have dark hair and the choice of dresses, plus the snotty attitude on others. lmao.gif

Now to stay on topic "I promise not to go off-key" by Joe Coker, the ultimate underrated show is "Tom goes to the Mayor" on adult swim. Cheap photo-flash animation of the show's creators themselves, but has running gags and Tom (an "average joe" full of ideas) is always suckered out by his supposed friend, the mayor in his corrupt schemes like the one episode Tom proposed a bird sanctuary that hadn't gone his way (poor birds). sad.gif
LauraD
Ummm.. Mike.. I think it's actually Veronica that you're referring to in the 'Archie' comic, Sabrina in the comics has short blond hair ( a little freckly too, if memory serves). But otherwise the comparison to Mandy is fairly close, both of them being rich and a little snarky...

On topic now - I can't really agree with your assesment of 'Tom goes to the Mayor', but then again, Tim and Eric are like poison to me...(don't kill me J-Syxx! tongue.gif )

Spot-on La Beaute, about TS - they get no respect - especially from the hardcore otaku, but who cares what those losers think?

My choice for an utterly underrated, but incredibly awesome show is with out a doubt the Venture Brothers. While it IS getting a third season and does have some rabid fans (myself included), it isn't getting the recognition, or proper push from CN that it deserves. Apparently CN reserves that kind of big-time promotion for garbage like 'Out of Jimmy's Head'. GAAKK!!
La Campagne
^ Some of these shows you guys mention I've never even heard of, so that could be an example of their underrated-ness

PS: Out Of Jimmy's Head? 0.o I'm gonna be sick.... barf.gif

EDIT: Oooh Oooh!!! CHOWDER!!! It's an underrated show! happy.gif It's very good, but it's a weird concept nontheless sweat.gif
Jayness
Well, it depends on the country you live in, and the region, yeah
since I live in the US, it's tough to get UK shows to watch (they're the best around)

shows like The Mighty Boosh = H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S
I love European humour laugh.gif

Torchwood: is highly underrated, I bet not many have heard of it, unless they're in the UK >_>

let's not forget those shows that FOX 5 cancels after the airing of what? 3 episodes, WTF? give the show a chance, that channel is not decent...
Arya
QUOTE (Jayness @ Feb 25 2008, 11:22 AM) *
Well, it depends on the country you live in, and the region, yeah
since I live in the US, it's tough to get UK shows to watch (they're the best around)

shows like The Mighty Boosh = H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S
I love European humour laugh.gif

Torchwood: is highly underrated, I bet not many have heard of it, unless they're in the UK dry.gif

let's not forget those shows that FOX 5 cancels after the airing of what? 3 episodes, WTF? give the show a chance, that channel is not decent...

I love Torchwood! Definantly my favourite show, but very underrated... dry.gif
Oddball
I loved Sabrina! But I totally agree with La about Totally Spies.
Trillium
QUOTE (LauraD @ Feb 19 2008, 12:09 AM) *
On topic now - I can't really agree with your assesment of 'Tom goes to the Mayor', but then again, Tim and Eric are like poison to me...(don't kill me J-Syxx! tongue.gif )

Wait...Syxx likes Tim & Eric?

Why wasn't I made aware of this sooner? We could have imitated the Salame skit in the shoutbox!

QUOTE (Jayness @ Feb 25 2008, 02:22 PM) *

That's Fox for you.

Executive 1: "This is a good show that critics like!"
Executive 2: "I HAVE A SHOW WHERE PEOPLE EAT GROSS THINGS TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE!"
Executive 1: "That's a license to print money!"
Spin New Yasha
QUOTE (Trillium @ Oct 7 2008, 06:34 PM) *
QUOTE (LauraD @ Feb 19 2008, 12:09 AM) *

Wait...Syxx likes Tim & Eric?

Why wasn't I made aware of this sooner? We could have imitated the Salame skit in the shoutbox!
I didn't like "Tom Goes to the Mayor", but I've grown to appreciate "Tim & Eric". Maybe someday, I'll give "Tom" another chance.

…

…

…

Great Job!

Let's see…

Underrated shows (my opinion):
Totally Spies (of course)
Kevin Hill (UPN started its pathway to sucking when they cancelled this)
Veronica Mars (The only thing that kept t3h C-W, formerly UPN, from officially sucking when they cancelled this was SmackDown, and now that show moved to MyNetwork TV cry.gif )
The Joe Schmo Show
Joe Schmo 2
Alyssa
Sabrina the animated series suck, I liked the show with real people
Spin New Yasha
QUOTE (Alyssa @ Oct 12 2008, 04:43 AM) *
I've always wanted to see the episode that featured Monty Sopp/Billy Gunn/"Cute" Kip James: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2LgDIwntT0&feature • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN9llknt-Tg • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QySyAC7mbok&
Hummingbird
I agree, TS is very underrated. Hmm...all those old cartoons are underrated, but I don't know why, they're so corny they're hilarious! ^^
Trillium
QUOTE (Spin New Yasha @ Oct 12 2008, 12:20 PM) *
QUOTE (Alyssa @ Oct 12 2008, 04:43 AM) *
I've always wanted to see the episode that featured Monty Sopp/Billy Gunn/"Cute" Kip James: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2LgDIwntT0&feature • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN9llknt-Tg • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QySyAC7mbok&

Facts: Vader on Boy Meets World > Billy Gunn on Sabrina.

Voice of Knight Rider Car > Voice of Secrets of Pro Wrestling Revealed.
Genevieve
I've always loved

Freakazoid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.