Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newsletter
WOOHP Forum > Board > Comments and Suggestions
Hummingbird
I know what'd be cool if woohp had a newsletter, like have a newsletter people and then they send it to all the woohp members, like having it in contest winners, etc. Just a thought. happy.gif
Breana
That would be cool! Weekly? It will take a lot of work though since this is biiiggg forum.
Kim Possible
hmmm tats a nice i dea
i guess it well better it its monthley not weekly sweat.gif
Alyssa
I don't think it's necesary
Oddball
QUOTE (Alyssa @ Apr 9 2008, 05:42 PM) *
I don't think it's necesary

I agree, I mean what is WOOHP gonna write about? We don't always get updates weekly.
Shin Chan
^Monthly -_-

We can send to the admins the winners of the contest or that were starting a contest, just 2 pages will do ^_-
Oddball
Its sounding the newsletter is only about contests at the moment.
Shin Chan
Well changes, username changes, banned members, etc.
Fatima Cullen
we can also make a member of the week, so in a newsletter there will be 4 lucky members names announced smile.gif
Alyssa
Ok, I think I like those ideas
Trillium
QUOTE (Cutegal @ Apr 9 2008, 08:45 AM) *
we can also make a member of the week, so in a newsletter there will be 4 lucky members names announced smile.gif

1. This would probably end very badly with members getting upset that they didn't get picked for some reason.

2. Even though I doubt it, there is a chance that people would get sick of reading about me every week tongue.gif
Alyssa
QUOTE (Trillium @ Apr 9 2008, 07:16 AM) *
QUOTE (Cutegal @ Apr 9 2008, 08:45 AM) *

1. This would probably end very badly with members getting upset that they didn't get picked for some reason.

2. Even though I doubt it, there is a chance that people would get sick of reading about me every week tongue.gif

lmao xD

and it would be pathetic if members would get sad, it's for fun
Fatima Cullen
there is a good benifate and thats it will make members be nicer to other members, plus in dazling girls they do that and no one gets sad
Hummingbird
We could also put in like affiliate sites and stuff...

Oddball
QUOTE (Hummingbird @ Apr 10 2008, 06:05 AM) *
We could also put in like affiliate sites and stuff...

You can already view them at woohp.org the main website.
Shin Chan
We can put top ten posters, we see about that Trillium >=D
Oddball
Top 10 Posters don't change much unless your a hyper psoter or extra slow and let people surpass you.
Shin Chan
Gfx maker of the month? mellow.gif
Trillium
QUOTE (Shin Chan @ Apr 10 2008, 05:38 AM) *
We can put top ten posters, we see about that Trillium >=D

This works, but can lead to spammage.

Best way to do this is by like, having contests and letting people vote for the winners.

Best done by having things submitted to a third party who will post them without name of artist and no one will say what they did, so there won't be any "I VOTED FOR #3 cause we're friends!" nonsense.
Shin Chan
^Your siggy is right o-O Now you can add it with my name, lol.

I agree with Trilium.
Trillium
QUOTE (Shin Chan @ Apr 15 2008, 06:52 AM) *

I agree with Trilium.

I'm gonna start keeping track of this now.

Now I'll need to keep tabs on name changes.
Ghidrah
If someone wants to do a newsletter, it would have to be someone else on the staff. I want to get back to writing fanfiction, working on my yuri site, and I have school starting in Augusl, so I'm not going to have as much time as I did before.
LauraD
QUOTE (Trillium @ Apr 17 2008, 12:35 PM) *
QUOTE (Shin Chan @ Apr 15 2008, 06:52 AM) *

I agree with Trilium.

I'm gonna start keeping track of this now.

Now I'll need to keep tabs on name changes.

You won't have to worry about at least one...I'm taking my username to the grave with me...lol

Mr. Syxx, you don't know how happy I am to hear that you're getting back to the fanfics! ^^ And the yuri site is another much-anticipated development too!
Lia
That would be great!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.