Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Avatar Problem
WOOHP Forum > Board > Comments and Suggestions
ra7eel
I been having this problem lately ... sweat.gif
i change my signy and avatar some times ...
but ..
i have to change the avatar for 4 or 5 time and the photo didn't shown or change ... i don't know why ..
in My Controls it shown and change but in out side in my profile or in the topic or replay it doesn't show or change ...
i try to change it a lot but it didn't change it is stick with the old avatar ... pinch.gif
i don't think the problem is from my computer because in other forum it change quickly with no problems ...

can u solve this problem or give me some advices .. ?
Prue
Do you upload the avatar? If you do, try hosting it at a website like tinypic.com or imageshack.us , and using the URL instead of uploads. idk, that's all I've got.
ra7eel
QUOTE (Prue @ Jul 5 2008, 05:44 PM) *
Do you upload the avatar? If you do, try hosting it at a website like tinypic.com or imageshack.us , and using the URL instead of uploads. idk, that's all I've got.

i did and it is not working pinch.gif
i will try more ... dry.gif
after a lot of trying it change .. thank god happy.gif
Seth Nightlord
Hey ra7eel, try removing the avatar and uploading it again.

I haven't gotten this problem either.

:/
Oddball
I've never had this problem. And I can see your new av too.
Alyssa
I have that problem often too when I change my avvie, then it doesn't show only in my control center, Only my old avvie shows. It always shows a few hours after you uploaded that avatar, then I wait and then it's there finally, it needs some time
Ashley
Never had that promblem her but had it recently in TG. It will soon become fine. Happened to me.
ra7eel
Hey ra7eel, try removing the avatar and uploading it again.

I haven't gotten this problem either.

:/

I try it many time but it doesn't work dry.gif

I've never had this problem. And I can see your new av too.

yh .. After a lot of trying and suffering it change pinch.gif
i uplot it from website and post the link in My Controls for many time many time and it change after a while ...

I have that problem often too when I change my avvie, then it doesn't show only in my control center, Only my old avvie shows. It always shows a few hours after you uploaded that avatar, then I wait and then it's there finally, it needs some time

I hope they fix this problem ...
I hate when i had to change my avatar because of this problem dry.gif
i will use ur way if i change it next time cool.gif

Hummingbird
QUOTE (ra7eel @ Jul 5 2008, 05:27 PM) *
but ..
i have to change the avatar for 4 or 5 time and the photo didn't shown or change ... i don't know why ..
in My Controls it shown and change but in out side in my profile or in the topic or replay it doesn't show or change ...
i try to change it a lot but it didn't change it is stick with the old avatar ... pinch.gif
i don't think the problem is from my computer because in other forum it change quickly with no problems ...

That happens to me too...
Charger
QUOTE (ra7eel @ Jul 5 2008, 05:27 PM) *
but ..

Happened to me too, but if you wait one day or so, it will show you the pic you uploaded.
ra7eel

Happened to me too, but if you wait one day or so, it will show you the pic you uploaded.

ok ... i will try ur way next time if i change my avatar ... cool.gif
thanx for the advice happy.gif

Charger
QUOTE (ra7eel @ Jul 6 2008, 03:16 PM) *

ok ... i will try ur way next time if i change my avatar ... cool.gif
thanx for the advice happy.gif

You´re welcome. smile.gif
clover_love
i had got this problem well you should put in the both places:from the computer and a website page hope you have got it
Alyssa
QUOTE (clover_ts @ Jul 8 2008, 03:52 AM) *
i had got this problem well you should put in the both places:from the computer and a website page hope you have got it

That doesn't help, like I said above, just wait a few hours till your avvie shows up
clover_love
DK IT WORKED WITH ME
Alyssa
QUOTE (clover_ts @ Jul 8 2008, 07:30 AM) *
DK IT WORKED WITH ME

?

You don't need to shout
LauraD
The same thing is happening to me too...must be a glitch in the server...i dunno...lol
La Campagne

Uploading = don't always work
URL/Link = works

happy.gif

I have problems w/ ppl not being able to see my new avatar if I upload it, but it shows if I host it thru Photobucket and use the URL smile.gif
ra7eel
thanx all for u advice ..
i am gonna try it next time ... happy.gif
Ghidrah
I put the avatar upload size up to 200 kb. Were the avatars that didn't upload very animated?
Trillium
Yeah, the system is kinda...glitchy.

There must be some kinda weird thing that stops it, cause I've tried to switch mine to a still with no issues, but it won't take the animated one. Yes, I've tried both off-site and uploading.

And no, it's not a size thing, cause mine is smaller than La Campagne's and his is fine.

Edit: Image works fine when linked to at TSUG, so it's not the image, and probably some kinda server issue.

Edit II: Image worked after resizing. No idea why this worked when bigger images were fine.
Alyssa
I hate the system >< I changed my avvie a hour ago and then what happend was that my previous avvie went much bigger and I don't see the new avvie yet >< will take hours before it shows up
Oddball
I can see it Alyssa.
masou
QUOTE (Alyssa @ Sep 10 2008, 10:53 AM) *
I hate the system >< I changed my avvie a hour ago and then what happend was that my previous avvie went much bigger and I don't see the new avvie yet >< will take hours before it shows up

you just need to log out and in again or refresh the page a couple of times for that =/
Alyssa
Yeaz, I can see it now too
Seth Nightlord
Yeah. I usually get that. I just refresh and it'll appear. :/

*Shurgs*
Spin New Yasha
Reading this thread makes me feel better.

I just uploaded a new avatar, 160×90, 192kb. It appears in the control panel, but hasn't appeared on the forum yet sweat.gif .
Krinkels
I have this problem.
Just host it on another site (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc.)and it should be fine.
TotallySpies21
You need to be a full member first.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.